Slumdog Millionaire

I'm going to be honest: I really, really enjoyed this movie!

For what it's worth, or for those of you who do want to see it or who might consider watching an edited version down the road...I thought it was good story-telling. The portrayal of Jamal (main character) was sweet and endearing and won my sympathies early on. The cultural exposure, though dramatized and tending to caricature, of course, was still delicious and thought-provoking to me.

There is violence, and I closed my eyes more than once. But it certainly didn't seem any more violent to me than standard PG-13 action fare!! I read a review this morning that stated the film also has strong sexual language. Seriously? That surprised me, because usually that's something I'd be more sensitive to. I'm a girl who can't tolerate much of prime time tv for vulgarity and innuendo. All I can think is that I must have missed most of that because of foreign accents or terminology...or somehow the context was less offensive to me.

I'll definitely watch it again, and will possibly acquire it for my own collection.

No comments: